Platform of Vocational Excellence Water
Pilot Platform of Vocational Excellence Water is a transnational project that draws on existing and emerging vocational competences and skills needs in the water sector, translating them into an approach of vocational excellence. This ensures upward convergence of VET with (EU) knowledge triangles and a strong engagement with the regional economic and social ecosystems. The project intends to create the infrastructure necessary to embed vocational excellence in the water sector in Europe, thus laying the grounds for vocational curriculum development and consequently competence development of VET students.
Pilot PoVE Water aims to:
• Ensure that VET is at the forefront of research and technological developments in the water sector;
• Ensure that current and future water sector professionals have the work attitude, knowledge and competences that the rapid changing EU water industry demands;
• Identify the existing and emerging labour market needs and enhance the responsiveness of initial and continuing VET systems to these needs;
• Promote synergies, cooperation and cross-fertilisation.
Main outputs of the project will be:
• Vocational Excellence Scanning tools to identify the existing systems of Vocational Excellence of the participating organisations and prepare the knowledge sharing process;
• 5 Centres of Vocational Excellence Water, acting up as regional ‘Skills ecosystems’;
• Platform of Vocational Excellence Water, bringing an EU dimension to Vocational Excellence in the water sector;
• An Upscaling strategy, for the PoVE Water to grow and create a critical mass and sustainable ground for further development.
This project is funded by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ programme. The project unites VET institutions, the water industry, research centres, H.E., (semi-) governmental institutions and water sector representatives from the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Latvia, Malta and the Czech Republic that share a common interest in developing the full potential of VET institutions to play a proactive role in support of growth, competitiveness and innovation of the water sector. The project is headed by CIV Water, Katapult is a proud partner of the Pilot Platform of Vocational Excellence Water.